To provide sustainable income-generating opportunities to pastoralists by utilizing livestock management techniques to restore the local ecosystem and increase the productivity of the land and livestock.
To create a livestock production system and value chain, in Kenya and the rest of Africa, that supports pastoralist livelihoods and promotes the conservation of grasslands, thus forging a pathway for sustainable development.
- Increase the adoption of Holistic Management principles and other sustainable livestock management practices
- Reverse the processes of desertification, caused by overgrazing and erosion, and restore rangelands
- Improve the productivity and quality of livestock for pastoralists
- Increase resiliency of pastoral communities and improve pastoral livelihoods
- Improve and strengthen the livestock marketing chain, providing pastoralists better and more equitable access to markets